Pico Tanks is a casual but competitive team-based brawler focused on action-packed combat and rewarding team play!
It’s a cute and energetic 3v3 tank game packed with explosions, crazy weapons, fun abilities, endless customisation, and multiplayer mayhem!
Pico Tanks is free to download on the App Store and Google Play globally.
Pico Tanks began development in early 2017. The original prototype was an endless runner, but it has since come a long way. Pico Tanks was unveiled at PAX Australia 2017 with networking, movement, combat, and user interface all up and running. By PAX Australia 2018, new maps and game modes were introduced, with many new customisation options, gameplay adjustments, and metagame making it already feel like a full and polished game. In December of that year, Pico Tanks moved into the next phase of development by starting a closed beta program.
In 2019, development rapidly progressed thanks to feedback from beta testers. Pico Tanks won an award at SXSW for Best Indie Mobile Game and was a finalist at Casual Connect London. In October, Panda Arcade announced that Pico Tanks would be coming to Australia, New Zealand, and the Philippines November 28, with a global launch scheduled for January 31, 2020.
Post-launch, Pico Tanks continues to evolve with every update! Among the new and fun additions: tank parts, maps, gamemodes, gameplay features, and mechanics! As well as that, performance optimisations and balancing changes are added frequently.
- PREPARE FOR MULTIPLAYER MAYHEM!
Customise your own unique tank from thousands of possible combinations by selecting a base, a weapon, a number of special abilities, and a diverse selection of cosmetic items.
- ADORABLE ART
Nobody will be able to resist these cute little tanks and their cartoonish world!
- GAME VARIETY
In 3V3 team battles, players can select a variety of gamemodes and a diverse selection of maps.
- BITE-SIZED BATTLES
Pico Tanks was designed for short, fun gameplay sessions.
- GENUINE THRILLS
Even the best computer-controlled enemy cannot replicate the excitement and satisfaction of outsmarting a real human opponent!
- TEAMWORK FOCUS
This is not every tank for itself. All of our major design decisions have had the intention to foster teamwork.
- POSITIVE EXPERIENCE
Pico Tanks has been built to give all players a pleasant experience. The matchmaking system minimises frustration by uniting players of similar skill levels, and the post-battle feedback system highlights every player’s contributions—no matter how small!
- EXCITING REWARDS
Every battle will feel worthwhile as players gain experience, unlock new game content, and collect new components for their tank.
Update Trailers & More!
Awards and Recognition
- “Winner of the Gamer’s Voice Award for Mobile Gaming” SXSW Gaming – March, 2019
- “Finalist in Indie Prize Showcase Awards” Casual Connect London – May, 2019
- “Finalist for Best Mobile Game” Australian Game Developer Awards – September, 2020
- “Grand Winner for Mobile Multiplayer” NYX Game Awards – June, 2021
- “Winner for Excellence in Ongoing Games (Games as a Service)” Australian Game Developer Awards – October, 2021
- “The Adorable Multiplayer Tank Battler ‘Pico Tanks’ Needs Some Beta Testers”
– Jared Nelson, Touch Arcade
- “Pico Tanks is a multiplayer team arena shooter where up to six players fight it out as cute, customisable tanks”
– Dann Sullivan, Pocket Gamer
- “‘Pico Tanks’ is a Super Polished Multiplayer Tank Battler that’s Looking for Beta Testers”
– Jared Nelson, Touch Arcade
- “The Aussies making a game about the most adorable tanks.”
– Moshe R., Digitally Downloaded
- “PAX Australia 2017 Games Roundup – Part 1”
– Adam Rorke, Player2.net.au
Official Pico Tanks Discord server: discord.gg/rBHzEMd
Official @picotanks account: twitter.com/PicoTanks
Official @picotanks account: facebook.com/picotanks
Official @picotanks account: instagram.com/picotanks
Official subreddit r/picotanks: reddit.com/r/PicoTanks
Official Pico Tanks channel at youtube.com/PicoTanks
About Panda Arcade
Panda Arcade is an indie games studio based in Melbourne, Australia. They make cute and quirky mobile games loaded with energy and complexity.
They launched their first game, Pico Tanks, in the fourth quarter of 2019.
All relevant media about Panda Arcade is available here.
Pico Tanks Credits
Project Lead & Programmer
2D Artist, Social Media & Player Support
Sound Designer, Freelance
Media Creator, Freelance
. . . . . . . . . .