IMPORTANT NOTE: To get these changes, please ensure that you have the correct version downloaded on your mobile device. You can check which version you have by tapping on the settings ⚙ in the Pico Tanks Battle Screen.
Please go to the Pico Tanks Discord Server to discuss these changes and any issues you find. Pico Tanks is currently in beta and any feedback is appreciated.
- Player profile popup:
- Added ability to customise equipped emotes.
- Added ability to choose from all 20 player icons.
- The player profile screen now shows your experience and battle rank.
- The player profile now shows statistics about past battles.
- Added bug report option to settings menu.
- Skin: Flower Print
- Skin: Yellow Flowing
- Skin: Red Flowing
- Skin: Green Flowing
- Topper: Saucepan
- Topper: Soupy Saucepan
Changes and Improvements
- Module Upgrading: Items can now be crafted/upgraded and they will get stronger with more levels. Currently, matches will be played with maxed-out weapons, regardless of what tier your weapon actually is in the menu (this is to ensure beta in its current state is fair).
- Disabled kill feed and comms panel in tutorial.
- Enabled kill feedback in tutorial (sounds, skull icon, double kills, triple kills).
- Ducks added to Hold The Flag (HTF) mode Forest map.
- Improved group popup user status info – shows if friends are in-group/group full.
- Weapons now cast a nice soft shadow on top of the tank bodies.
- UI in the post-battle Rewards screen has been improved.
- New arrow indicators for cargo drop-off location in Fetch The Cargo (FTC) mode.
- Slight improvements to puddles in FTC Dockyards map.
- Polished tutorial instructional dialogue: New type-on effect, dialogue animations, and mascot sprite animations.
- Mohawk jiggle physics are now less jiggly.
- Reduced some texture sizes to lower the overall game size.
- Improved menu performance.
- The menu is now much quicker to enter (Android).
- Tutorial level: Drawbridge, sawmill, ambient sounds, and “objective cleared” sound effect.
- Tutorial level: Audio now fades in after level loading is complete.
- Slight improvement to moving dirt sound.
- Improved kill notification sound.
- Firing range: Woodchipper sound effects
- Improved train sound.
- Improved “Ready-up” warning sound.
- Added deployable repair pack expire and pickup sound.
- Tank spawn sound is now different depending on your tank’s body type (eg tank/car/aircraft).
- Fixed hit confirmation sound not playing when hitting 2 targets at once
- Stopped tank engine sounds playing on the battle screen.
- Fixed a bug that stopped you pasting friend codes on the social page.
- Fixed a collider on the tutorial level that let players pop out of level bounds.
- Tweaks to the battle page to make the tank previews bigger and not cut off at the top.
- Changed CHANGE to CHECK in region info settings.
- The group invite popup now requires a response to prevent accidental closure.
- Made Bubble Gum Grenade collider low poly and slightly larger to catch all tanks; fixed issue where the animation wasn’t playing on intro and outro.
- On the tank selection screen choosing the same tank no longer spawns that tank again.
- Fixed a bug where changing tanks on the battle ready-up screen changed your name to the tank’s name.
- Fixed a bug that allowed you to equip the same ability in more than one slot.
- Fixed a bug that occurred on the TANKS page. Selecting a tank with a lower ability slot count would stop you from editing the tank further (crash on iOS).
- Tutorial: Made train carriages follow path correctly.
- Fixed bug where friend invites duplicated when logged in and out of online. services.
- Fixed ordering of elements which made it difficult to click on the settings button. Clicking on your name on the battle page now presents the message “this is you”.
- Fixed bug which stopped you from being able to change tanks when tanks were identical.
- Potential fix for a bug that would cause a player’s weapon to disappear during gameplay.